Popular Posts

Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 13: Its either IBS or my body is pissed!

Well the weekend caught up with me, and when it hits me, it hits me hard!  Pretty sure my body it NOT happy with me today.  Much like drug and alcohol addiction my body was very addicted to food.  I think that it is hard to see over eating as a disorder, or even an addiction but it very much so is.  I was hiding food, and eating enormous amounts in a short amount of time.  I dont think i really even realized how much of a problem it was.  Stress and depression would bring it on, and there have been many nights that i will stop at multiple fast food restaurants and devour 4-5 meals at a time, within a 15 min period of time.  It made me feel better for a moment.  Like drowning my thoughts in the taste of every bite made me forget about everything else that was going on for a moment.  I didnt make myself throw up, it was literally like a drug.  Its embarrassing, and i have literally only told two people about this.  My best friend Christan, and my doctor.  Anyways, the point i guess it that it is a serious disorder, or addiction or whatever you want to call it, but it IS!  If anyone else out there is struggling with the same thing, i highly encourage you to talk to your doctor about it!  This life change for me has really showed me how big of a problem it actually was.  After eating healthy options for the last (almost) 2 weeks, my body was pissed at me for eating that junk!  Though i am still glad that i didnt eat as much as normal, man oh man has my stomach been in knots all day long!  It's like IBS, but 10x worse.  THIS is what i need to remind myself of every time i think about eating bad foods.

Anyways, enough about my bowels ;)  So my dad told me something the other day that i think really helps.  He said to me "honey, just take things one day at a time.  Its one drive right by that fast food place.  And one passing of the dessert tray."  Honestly, i think that is what has kept me from driving to ever fast food restaurant within a 100 mile radius!  Ever morning when i pass by McDonald's, i remind myself that i have just taken 1 step closer in my marathon to success.  I am excited to start a fresh week and see if i lose any lbs....which by the way has increased back to 247 :(  I know, that can be water weight, but i dont care.  I do not want to see another increase in numbers again!  I have 115 lbs to go, and 352 day left to get it done!  Lets get 'er done....ugh i HATE when people say that hahahaha!

BTW thank you all for listening to my rambling ;)  Thank you so much for the support and i wish MUCH success to my fellow dieters!  It really truly means so much to me! I was told this week about the movie Julie and Julia, and i have purchased it off of Itunes and will be watching it when i get the chance this week!  I will let you know what i think. 

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya...binge eating is especially tough to crack. I used to be a huge binge eater. I would eat healthy throughout the day and once it hit 11pm it was like a free for all! It was like i thought those calories don't count haha. And for me it was very much emotional; it really did make me happy for that short amount of time. I'm so glad i was able to kick that habit around a year ago :)

    I also have a suggestion for a great blog you should read...you MUST check out "dietgirl.org"! This woman lost half her body weight and now she blogs about her struggles to maintain it. I've been reading through her archives lately...she is hilarious and so inspiring! You'll love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is tough, and definitely emotionally charged! Congrats on getting over it! It can be very hard to break, much like an addiction, and can actually require medication!

    I will definitely check it out! Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete