Popular Posts

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 15-19: Quadratic equations, respiratory systems, and john deere.... oh and BRING HOME BRENDA!!!!

Ok so i know i said that i was going to try and post everyday, but life has been CRAZY!!  With math, anatomy/physiology, and the twins birthday (john deere themed), i havent had time to even think about food.  Alright, i guess thats not true, especially since i cracked and had some pizza yesterday at their party :/  But with that being said i am officially back down to 244!  With 5 lbs to go before i am back in the 30's, i can't really complain much about anything!  So here is an overview of my week:

Wednesday February 9, 2011

I had my doctors apt today, and though i weighed in at 247 i am still happy about my accomplishments, and he is as well!  that is a 16 lb weight loss and i am beyond thrilled, even if i would have liked the scale to say 244.  He talked about water weight and how there can really be up to a 10 lb difference with water weight sometimes, and that i need to watch my sodium intake.  I am glad that he was excited about my numbers, cause i was nervous that A. they would be even bigger than 247, and B. he was expecting something bigger.  But he was actually expecting less, which was really great to hear.  I did share with him my melt downs over food and snacks those two days, but he wasnt really as concerned as i thought.  I have to remember that this is NOT a diet, but a lifestyle change.  I can't say that i am going to NEVER eat bad food again, and NEVER going to over eat again.  I need to tell myself that its ok to have those things every once in a while, but that for the majority of the time i need to eat healthy and set an example for the boyzers.

Thursday February 10, 2011

I just need to tell you about my amazing "little" friend.  She is 14 years old, but such a young soul brings MUCH inspiration.  She is a mom or a 9 month old baby boys, and she is SO good with him.  She needs lots of prayers right now though, cause of the family situation.  Her parents are really not good people.  I am SO thankful that she has a really nice Aunt and Uncle that are helping take her in, and giving her a healthy environment to live in.  They are working out the legal details this next week.  If you only knew this girl, you could know how AMAZING she is, and how much potential she has.  She was raped at the age of 13 and out of a horrible situation, she was given a beautiful baby boy, that she loves more than anything despite the reason for his being.  She deals with the hatred of some children at school who dont know her situation, and whom call her nasty names on the internet, and throughout the school, yet she always has a smile on her face and many friends who love and care about her.  I am SO proud of her for what she has over come, and though she has many obstacles ahead i am confident that she will make good choices, especially if the living situation with her aunt and uncle works out.  Please pray for her! :)

The weekend of events!

So the boys party was a success!  They were so excited for all their friends and family to be with them.  Dick came too, which even though i hate him with a passion, it was good for the boys (i guess).  He was surprisingly non-Dickish which was pleasant compared to his normal affairs.  The boys had fun, and are definitely all birthdayed out today!  haha!  They arent used to that much sugar either!

OK, on to the next thing!  So some friends of mine are adopting their 3rd daughter from Uganda!!  this is the most amazing story!  They recently adopted two little girls from Uganda, and on their journey to pick up their girls, they met Brenda.  Brenda asked them to love her and bring her home with them too, to be her parents, like her friends, and they instantly fell in love.  They inquired about adopting her as well, but her mother had not relinquished the rights for her to be adopted and she was planning on moving brenda back home with her.  The Glanzer's were heart broken, but tried to find some peace with her returning home to her biological mother.  They were recently given the news that brenda had returned back to the orphanage, this time will all rights relinquished.  They prayed about it, and felt that God was calling them to her.  Though they have only been home a few short months with their girls they are happily starting the [hopefully not as long] process they have already been through once!  I am asking today for support in "Bringing Home Brenda!"  they are trying to raise funds to bring her home as soon as possible, and if you are in the position to do so, you can order a shirt through:  Www.bringbrendahome.com

If you have PayPal and would like to make a different donation amount, in which ALL goes to the Glanzers (vs. a portion of it when buying the shirts) please email me at Jillie_mama@hotmail.com so i can give you the details on how to send the money!  If you are not in the position to donate, please offer your support in prayer!  You can also email me notes to the family, and i will happily forward them to the Glanzer's for you :)  Thank you very much!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, I was wondering if something happen to keep you from posting. You still are moving forward with your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "little" friend is quite the "young" woman! Haha that makes me sound like a old lady. I spent half the night trying to figure out who she was since you didn't introduce us...(hehe) At first I thought she was your cousin, and then I figured out she was your new friend who I had heard about but I just couldn't belive that she is only 14!!! She is so much more mature for her age and I can tell she is a great mother! She even gave me a hug before she left and I hadn't even met her! She is lucky to have met you Jill because you too are an amazing mom, and moms like you and I and her deserve to be in presence of each other! lol. Love you

    ReplyDelete